Okay, there's this new meme storming through Facebook, on which you are supposed to divulge 25 random things about yourself. I figured why waste this on Facebook. So, here are 25 random things about myself.
1. I'm happiest inside a baseball stadium...
2. Unless I'm in Europe.
3. I think the person who invented the idea of the tie should be forced to wear a tie 24/7/365.
4. I think the person who invented the Thunderstick needs to be surrounded by kids banging those damn sticks in his ear.
5. My favorite color is blue.
6. I still have a childhood crush on Olivia Newton-John...
7. Which is why I still watch "Xanadu" though it is one of the worst movies ever made.
8. I want to be a contestant on the "Amazing Race."
9. I have talked to David Letterman, and even had a brief cameo on his show.
10. I think that Elmore Leonard is our greatest living writer....
11. Speaking of which, I think Cormac McCarthy is way overrated.
12. It bugs me that Nick Lowe, The Cars, and The Go-Go's aren't in the Rock-and-Roll Hall of Fame, but Madonna is.
13. The most beautiful place that I have ever been in, in my entire life, was in the Alps, high over Innsbruck, Austria on a clear, sunny day in mid-August of 1993.
14. I still can't believe that I passed the Bar Exam. Then again, Dan Quayle passed the Bar, so I suppose that anybody can handle that little chore.
15. My friend Jodie tried to warn me to not go to law school, but to instead move to New York and try to be a writer -- she thought that I was funny and that I had talent. I should have listened.
16. Despite working Astros games for nearly 15 years, and attending baseball games all of my life, I have never seen a no-hitter -- I was there for several near misses. Like Nolan Ryan throwing 8.2 innings of no-hit ball against the Phillies in 1988. I was in Europe when Daryl Kile threw his no-hitter for the Astros in 1993.
17. I have been in attendance for a triple play.
18. Steroids, or no steroids, but Barry Bonds is still the greatest baseball player that I have ever personally seen play the game. I saw Mike Schmidt, George Brett, etc. at the end of their careers.
19. When I grow up, I want to live on the West Coast, hopefully the Bay Area -- I've got to be near a baseball stadium.
20. I can play a mean drum solo on my car steering wheel.
21. I like "South Park," but I still think the Bugs Bunny cartoons are some of the funniest, most intellectual cartoons ever done.
22. I can't understand why women don't like The Three Stooges...
23. Then again, I don't understand women...
24. I'm still pissed that my mother was in attendance for Mike Scott's pennant clinching no-hitter while I was stuck in class at the UH listening to the game on a transistor radio.
25. My all-time favorite song, is "Hey Jude," but my favorite all-time Beatles album is "Abbey Road."